9 September 2013
Week 1 : Abandoned and/or Discarded
abandoned – forsaken by owner or inhabitants ;
- “weed-grown yard of an abandoned farmhouse or building”
discarded - To throw away; reject.
- thrown away; “wearing someone’s cast-off clothes”; “throwaway children living on the streets”; “salvaged some thrown-away furniture”
- not wanted; not needed; “tried to give away unwanted kittens”
This is the original, unedited photo.
These are a pair of hubby’s old, discarded boots that I took and planted some flowers in it.
I used Lightroom Presets to Split-Tone the photo, with the results:
Then I used a B&W filter in Lightroom to convert the colour photo to B&W and used the Split-Tone 1 Preset:
Here I used the Split-Tone 4 Preset:
On this I used Color Efex Pro and used the Vintage preset:
and as you can see I added borders/frames from Photoscape to the photo’s and this is what the photo looks like afterwards.
- :: About this Challenge ::
- :: How the Challenge Works ::
- :: Themes ::
- :: What is Split-Toning and how does it work ::
- :: Gallery ::